BeuthBadges is a project at Beuth University of Applied Sciences in Berlin led by Ilona Buchem – Professor for Communications & Media. The idea of BeuthBadges is inspired by one of the Mozilla DML Competition winners – Moodle as Issuer, Mahara as Displayer. BeuthBadges is also linked to the Open Badge Network – the European strategic partnership dedicated to Open Badges.
Taking diverse applications of Open Badges into account (such as setting goals and specifying assessment criteria, recognising competencies and skills, motivating learning and engagement), BeuthBadges aims at exploring new ways of integrating digital badges into learning and teaching in higher education and beyond.
BeuthBadges is dedicated to developing, implementing and evaluating Badge Designs for a number of application fields including:
- Study courses/modules (both on-campus and online), e.g. Virtual University
- Student performance and engagement, e.g. excellent thesis
- Qualification programs and recognition of skills, e.g. Credit Points, BeuthBonus
- International student collaborations, e.g. Connected Learning
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), e.g. fMOOC
If you are interested in discussing and collaborating on Open Badges, get in touch: